Kre,

> Robert Elz wrote:
> So, you mean there's a need to have address stability
> inside the VPN?

On some, more than anything else. For example, if the VPN is used as
part of a supply chain, there are access-lists on both ends and a lot of
other manual config all over the place because this involves getting
access into some protected areas of the system.

> I always thought a VPN was more about access control,
> rather than anything else.

Access control means access-lists and similar annoyances and they don't
change dynamically. This blends with the renumbering issue that I don't
want to open again but a perfect example of "un-renumberable" network is
a large, multi-company VPN setup.

> I can't see any particular reason why address stability is
> any more required there than the internet at large.

Because VPN configurations are sometimes a lot more complicated than
Internet configurations.

Michel.