>>      to say it backwards, for the ICMPv6 redirect to work correctly, nexthop
>>      address on the routing table MUST be link-local (even when manually
>>      configured).  i think adding this text clarifies the concern.
>
>Yes, this would fix and clarify the issue, but I think it might
>substantially change the overall assumption of the document, i.e.
>"next-hop must be onlink".

        are there any linklocal address peers that are "not onlink"?
        note that it is because the defition of "onlink" is a bit vague:
        - sharing the same subnet number
        - same link-local scope zone

        i'm using the latter definition, and i guess you are using former.
        multilink subnet folks are using the former.

itojun