[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You are assuming that there is only one boundary in that
> consumers house.

No, I am assuming there is at least one boundry between the consumer and
other networks.

> I can
> assure you that the teenage daugther or son in that house will have a
> completely different opinion on who's got the right to access
> what light
> control in her or his room. Particularly if there is a
> brother or sister in the
> next room.
>
> How will you solve that kind of access control, one site
> local from another
> within the same site? Buy one filtering box for each room?

Teenagers can go to work and buy their own boundary router if they choose.

> Maybe that is only possible if all light switches are able to
> have global
> access and unique addresses?

draft-hinden-ipv6-global-local-addr-02.txt creates unique addresses, even in
the case where the teenagers have independent boundary routers. Global
access is not generically necesssary or desired. To accomplish your neighbor
scenario, it would make more sense to put PA addresses on the specific
allowed devices than to have the whole network continually exposed to dos
attacks.

Tony