Hello,

I have submitted a new draft that specifies a procedure to automate the
updates to the policy table used in hosts for auto configuration.

The draft is available at
http://www.chirayu.org/I-D/draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.t
xt

The abstract of the draft gives more details about the benefits of the
procedure.

----
This document proposes a method to manage the address selection policy
tables in network hosts using RA's (Router Advertisements). The aim is to
provide an easy method to network operators to control the src/dest address
used by the host in communication within, and outside of the site(s) in
which the host resides. Control of the policy tables allows 1) the user to
control the scope in which a host may operate, and 2) non-disruption of
intra-site traffic during renumbering caused by change in the global prefix
used by the site to connect to the Internet.

A major impact of the last benefit would be to provide one less incentive to
advertise routes to the stable network prefixes in the Internet.
----

I would like to hear what the WG thinks about it.

CP