> Leif Johansson wrote:
> Sigh. This is almost to dumb to respond to and I'll be kicking
> myself when the next stats come out ;-) It is possible to build
> a good car lock (I claim) and some day someone will find the
> economic incentive to do so.

Since I'm so dumb explain me why isn't the good car lock installed on
every car yet? It's not like the car lock problem is new. And why isn't
your miracle security setup installed on every network? We have a word
for people such as yourself that claim things that they don't have:
vaporware.

If you were an experienced network administrator you would have plenty
of opportunities to appreciate how close the bullet passed and how this
little extra step saved you precious butt big time.

So far, all my car lock did for me is prevented me to get into my own
car, but that's not a reason not to use it.

Pray you don't get hacked, because when you do your senior management
will get an external consultant to assess your network, and good
security consultants will google your name and find your postings; in
the US, you would be not only fired but sued by your former employer for
negligence. The fact that the lock does suck is not an excuse not to use
it.

Michel.