> > |- If there is no match (I have only PUPI and DNS returns PA, or vice
> > |versa), I would suggest to fail the connection by default (even though it
> > |might work), but I am not sure.
> >
> > As long as this default can be changed without the cooperation on the
> > applications (i.e., a global option for the stack) it would be ok...
>
> Modifications to the address selection policy table would help in achieving
> this default without any change to the applications.

unless you get conflicting policy from different interfaces, which is entirely
possible.

per-link policy is the wrong way to think about this.  what you want is for
each network to be able to say "here's the best way to get here from there
given a variety of conditions"... and then minimize the number of conditions.