Hi Tero,

Given that the existing ESP header is integrity-protected, I don't see the
downside to adding the same protection for the new header. On the other hand,
this would eliminate a whole class of vulnerabilities. We still have a few
reserved bits in the WESP header, and you don't want to find out years down the
road that they cannot be used because they're not protected in transit.

Thanks,
        Yaron

Email secured by Check Point

Email secured by Check Point