We earlier agreed in issue #50 to make the KEr in Section 1.3.2 (Rekeying IKE
SAs with the CREATE_CHILD_SA Exchange) mandatory:
                             <--  HDR, SK {SA, Nr, KEr}
Note that this is not in the current draft, but will be in the next one.

So, what happens if the responder does not include a KEr, following the syntax
in RFC 4306?  Does the process revert back to using only the SK_d and the new
nonces, or does the responder reject the request and indicate its preferred DH
group in the INVALID_KE_PAYLOAD notification payload (section 1.3)? The latter
seems much more likely, given the text in 2.18. If so, we should say so
explicitly.

Section 2.18 also states that in the case of the old and new IKE SA selecting
different PRFs, that the rekeying exchange (for SKEYSEED) is done using the
*old* IKE SA's PRF.  What happens after that?  The end of section 2.18 says
that SK_d, etc are computed from SKEYSEED as specified in section 2.14.  If the
PRF changed, which PRF is used for the prf+ calculations, the old PRF or the
new PRF?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium