Gabriel:

My point is that the end system does not need the information in the WESP header to properly handle the packet for the supported application. The additional information is being exposed to allow middle boxes to make various checks. The end system can ensure that the exposed information was correct so that middle boxes were not spoofed. An extended ICV is not necessary to perform this type of check if the information is limited to the payload offset and such. An ICV is only needed if WESP carries information that cannot be easily checked by a process that knows the crypto algorithms that are in use. I'm challenging the need for such information.

Russ