That would be good, but we don't want to madate not using certain modes of
operation when you have a cluster. That would be very counter-productive.

OTOH, because of the replay counter, we've already agreed that an outbound
child SA cannot be shared among members of a load-sharing cluster.

As for the "hot standby" cluster, it *is* important to avoid repeating an IC
after failover, so precautions must be taken, and that draft David mentioned is
one good way.

However, this problem is internal to the cluster. It has nothing to do with IKE
interoperability with other peers (I don't think any peer actually verifies
that an IC or IV has not been previously used with the same key). Therefore,
this whole discussion is out of scope for this work item.

Do you agree?

Yoav