Hi Shin,

Yes. For the typical remote access VPN, EAP is typically more useful. Note that there is still need for strong password-based mutual authentication EAP methods - but their home is the EMU working group.

In addition, the IPsecME has another charter item designed to fit such EAP methods (such as the future EAP-AugPAKE :-) into IKEv2.

Please see again the group's charter, http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ipsecme/charters.

Thanks,
        Yaron