Hi Yaron,

I actually see a need for TLS-type IKEv2 EAP protocols in the context
of IPsec-based Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA, RFC 5209). The recent
proposal for an EAP-PT transport protocol

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hanna-nea-pt-eap-00

says in section 1. Introduction:

   EAP-TNC is designed to operate as an inner EAP [10] method over an
   EAP tunnel method that meets the Requirements for a Tunnel Based EAP
   Method [17]. PT-EAP therefore can operate over a number of existing
   access protocols that support EAP for authentication. Some examples
   of such access protocols include 802.1X [7] for wired and wireless
   networks and IKEv2 [15] for establishing VPNs over IP networks.

   This document defines a standard EAP inner method called EAP-TNC.  It
   also shows how EAP-TNC may be carried over two existing EAP tunnel
   EAP methods: EAP-FAST [14] and EAP-TTLS [16].

Thus we have a requirement to use e.g. EAP-FAST or EAP-TTLS via IKEv2.

Best regards

Andreas