Scott,

I agree that there is relationship between sections 9.2 and 9.4. The
statement that "all members MUST be able to tell whether a particular IKE
SA is active anywhere in the cluster" which is found in 9.2 is consistent
with my comment that " the algorithms in 5.1 and 5.2 should not be used in
cases where load balancing cluster members share the same QCD token and do
not share IKE SA state."  Although I suppose I should have said same
QCD_SECRET instead of QCD token  to be more accurate.

I could see why you would say that the algorithm in 5.2 as justified in
section 9.4 is being used to meet the requirement that "A token maker MUST
NOT send a QCD token in an unprotected message for an existing IKE SA."
Certainly if we do not include IP address it is possible that a cluster
member could send the QCD token of an existing IKE SA to an attacker using
a different source IP address.  In that case we'd be unknowingly violating
the rule.  By adding the ip address of the taker we prevent this.

I think you are correct that the two sections could be combined, but I'll
defer to Yoav on that.

As an aside I see that I cut and paste the wrong paragraph in my append.  I
had actually intended to cut and paste the last paragraph of 9.4 and I now
see that I cut and paste the next to last paragraph in section 9.4 :>).

Dave Wierbowski