Hi Yaron

I think this addresses the issues well. However, there is one more thing.

Section 3 is currently in skeleton form and needs to be expanded a lot.

For example, RFC 6027 says the following:
   o  It requires multiple parallel SAs, for which the peer has no use.
      Section 2.8 of [RFC5996] specifically allows this, but some
      implementation might have a policy against long-term maintenance
      of redundant SAs.

And draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsecha-protocol says:
   o  3.7 is an implementation problem that needs to be solved while
      building IPsec clusters.  However, the peers should be required to
      accept multiple parallel SAs for 3.7.1.

It's true that RFC 5996 seems to require this support already, but what it
actually says is this:
   Note that IKEv2 deliberately allows parallel SAs with the same
   Traffic Selectors between common endpoints.  One of the purposes of
   this is to support traffic quality of service (QoS) differences among
   the SAs (see [DIFFSERVFIELD], [DIFFSERVARCH], and Section 4.1 of
   [DIFFTUNNEL]).  Hence unlike IKEv1, the combination of the endpoints
   and the Traffic Selectors may not uniquely identify an SA between
   those endpoints, so the IKEv1 rekeying heuristic of deleting SAs on
   the basis of duplicate Traffic Selectors SHOULD NOT be used.

So RFC 5996 justifies parallel SAs by QoS, not by clusters. I think Section 3
should be much clearer and contain MUST requirements for a peer to support a
reasonable amount of parallel SAs.

This is but one example. Section 3 contains a brief sentence about each problem
defined in RFC 6027 without a single RFC 2119 term in there. I think those
sentences need to be expanded to paragraphs or sub-section with requirement
levels.

And yes, I will propose text. Soon. Promise.

Yoav