Hi all

For years, one of the barriers to the adoption of IPsec was that
configuration didn't scale. With thousands of peers, the PAD and SPD would
become unwieldy, so even where IPsec was deployed it was often built in
hub-and-spoke configurations, not because policy demanded this, but
because it was more convenient to configure. Individual vendors have
incompatible solutions for this, but they only work with that vendor's
products, and within the same administrative domain.

In this draft, we are proposing that the IPsecME working group take on a
working item to first define the problem, and then offer solutions that
will make IPsec scale better and in an inter-operable way.

We plan to hold a side meeting in Taipei, and we welcome comments both
before and at that meeting.

Yoav

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-nir-ipsecme-p2p-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-ipsecme-p2p-00