Hi Yogendra,

I guess the question being raised here is slightly different.

The question is should all traffic be first sent to a central point
(Campus/ DC etc) inspected (IDS/ IPS/ Firewall) and then allowed to pass to
others peers or should there be a direct connection between the peers too -
in which case we would need to have distributed security appliances?

In my view it is up to the security administrator to prefer a particular
topology for particular communication. We could have some traffic always
being sent through the hub (say over the MPLs backbone) while another is
just sent directly over the Internet.

Thanks,
Vishwas