Hi Zhang,

I am confused about the statement in your draft  "Unlike SA bundle, one IP
packet is still protected by one single SA instead of nested SAs". Does
single SA means cluster SA? Or sub-SA? If it is cluster SA, what exactly it
meant from SAD point of view?

For example, Let us consider the following header, the host is tunneling a
packet to the gateway using ESP but is authenticating to the end host B. How
do we address this using your proposed solution SA clustering? If  multiple
packets goes through two different sub-SA's. here my understanding is two
different sub-SA's means two separate SA's are ESP SA and AH SA. Does this
mean packet go through either ESP SA or AH SA? Please correct me , if I
misunderstood.

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb726946.f4_14_big(l=en-us).gif>
Bb726946.f4_14(en-us,TechNet.10).gif

Second point,  About SA cluster feature support, Does both parties need to
exchange vendor ID to express support and use of SA cluster feature? It
would be better to address this in draft including proposed vendor id
values, if vendor id used in IKE negotiation.

Third point, about name of the draft, I feel multiple path sounds like
multiple routes, it does not implies multiple SA's.

Regards,

Dharmanandana Reddy Pothula.

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

<<image001.gif>>