From: ipsec-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipsec-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Dan
Harkins
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 7:02 PM
To: ipsec@ietf.org
Subject: [IPsec] New I-D on IKEv3

  Hello,

  I just submitted a new I-D that defines version 3 of IKE. The goals of this
draft are to make a more easily understood, and simpler protocol that has a
high degree of probability of achieving interoperability. It should be easier
to read, easier to understand, and easier to implement.
To those ends it:

  - severely limits the negotiable parameters and options
  - no long-term IKE SA, it's one and done
  - has a simple state machine which, if followed, should ensure the
     implementation interoperates with other implementations
  - is a true peer-to-peer protocol

  Please take a look and send me your comments! If you plan on implementing
this protocol then definitely contact me, I want to interoperate with you.

  regards,

  Dan.

    Filename:    draft-harkins-ikev3
    Revision:    00
    Title:               The (Real) Internet Key Exchange
    Creation date:       2012-10-12
    WG ID:               Individual Submission
    Number of pages: 41
    Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-harkins-ikev3-00