Hi,

In general, it seems to me we are trying to solve more than we should, and we should punt on some of the NAT use cases, leave them to configuration or to out-of-protocol solutions like STUN and friends. Maybe even DNS SRV registration.

Specifically:

- In the new text re: the Initiator sending IKE_TCP_SUPPORTED, I would change "prevented... by network address translation" to "prevented by policy". There are different ways to prevent a peer from being a responder, including firewalls, NAT or plain configuration. All should be included here.

- I'm feeling uncomfortable with the rudimentary NAT bypass mechanism that we are proposing here: you're supposed to advertise a port number on another device (on the NAT box). I am sure there are loads of problems this will open up. Here's one: if we're talking about a very large NAT device (one that uses multiple public addresses), isn't it possible that the IP address allocated for the static NAT of the IKE listening port is different from the source IP address of the initial IKE request?

- Also, given the port advertising, do we still need the liveness check described at the end of Sec. 3.2?

Thanks,
    Yaron