Hi Paul,

Can't an off-path attacker DoS the gateway if they can guess the SPI values? We never mandated that SPIs should be random (except for RFC 6290, in Sec. 9.3, but this is rarely implemented), so implementations are free to use very small integers for the SPIs. In fact I think we should reconsider mandating random SPIs once again.

Thanks,
        Yaron