On Apr 27, 2013, at 8:02 PM, Yaron Sheffer <yaronf.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear IPsec folks,
>
> The ipsecme working group is chartered to come up with a solution for
> transporting long IKEv2 messages over networks that do not perform IP
> fragmentation correctly, and as a result drop overly long messages, usually
> IKE_AUTH messages.
>
> Our original plan was to base the solution on IKE-over-TCP, however the
> author of this draft decided to abandon it because he now prefers a different
> solution, similar to the (non-standard) IKEv1 Fragmentation payload that was
> implemented by several vendors (see
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc233251.aspx). We do not want to end
> up with a common but non-standard solution in IKEv2, which would practically
> guarantee interoperability issues.

Just to set the record straight, I did not decide to abandon it, and if the
group would like to pursue IKE-over-TCP I am willing to continue as editor. As
a vendor, though, I would much rather implement just one mechanism that would
work for both IKEv1 and IKEv2, and there is a huge installed base of IKEv1 with
fragments.

 <snip/>

> We propose to meet May 7, at 9:00am PST (16:00 UTC, 12:00 noon EST, 19:00
> Israel) for 1 hour. We will publish a bridge number a week before the meeting.
>
> Please let us know if the date/time absolutely doesn't work for you.

This works for me.