Hi Yoav, Yaron,

Sorry, I disagree. This notification is concerned with both "old" IKE SA (as Child SAs "sponsor") and "new" IKE SA (as "acceptor"). So, to remain in concent with RFC5996 and to be logically consistent, I'd suggest to make SPI field empty (and Protocol ID zero) and to move SPI for "new" IKE SA to Notification Data.
No new values for Protocol ID is needed.

Regards,
Valery.

So we can creatively interpret "the IKE SA" to be different from "an IKE SA", or we can ask IANA to add a new value with meaning "other IKE SA". Agree it's a corner case.