The ASN.1 used here are the same ASN.1 which is used in the
   AlgorithmIdentifier of the PKIX (Section 4.1.1.2 of [RFC5280]).  The

It should specify encoding rules, even though it references RFC5280. So this could say something like:

   The ASN.1 used here are the same ASN.1 which is used in the
   AlgorithmIdentifier of the PKIX (Section 4.1.1.2 of [RFC5280])
   encoded using distinguished encoding rules (DER) [X.690].

--
   the authentication methods are not negotiated in the IKEv2, the peer
   is only allowed to use this authentication method if the

I think I said this already for -00 version, that I'd still prefer to allow the use of the new authentication method even if the hashes weren't negotiated (the hash is is indicated in the ASN.1). I get why we want to negotiate them, but it's not always necessary, necessarily. And if it isn't allowed should it be MUST NOT?

Otherwise it's great, and important work.

        Pekka