I would recommend that you (or someone) publish a CFRG document that we can use as a normative reference here. With respect, none of the DJB documents cited here (and note that the references themselves are kinda incomplete) reads as a formal definition of the algorithm.

Thanks,
        Yaron

On 01/21/2014 06:44 PM, Yoav Nir wrote:
Hi,

Continuing the conversation about "spare algorithms" in case cryptanalytical
results are found against AES, I've submitted this document, modeled roughly around AGL's
document for TLS with the same algorithms.

Reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated, as well as anyone checking
my examples.

Thanks

Yoav

Begin forwarded message:

From: <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Subject: I-D Action: draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-00.txt
Date: January 21, 2014 4:08:32 PM GMT+02:00
To: <i-d-annou...@ietf.org>

        Title           : ChaCha20 and Poly1305 and their use in IPsec
        Author          : Yoav Nir
        Filename        : draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-00.txt
        Pages           : 16
        Date            : 2014-01-21

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the ChaCha20 stream cipher in
   IPsec, as well as the use of the Poly1305 authenticator, both as
   stand-alone algorithms, and as a combined mode AEAD algorithm.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305/

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/