Hi Yaron,

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I have seen one application that implements High Availability by
sending DH secret + KE + Nonces.
Concerning the RFC that deals with the security issues resulting from this
behavior, are you talking about  Yoav's RFC - IPsec Cluster Statement?. If
not, could you please tell me which RFC are you mentioning?

 So, as this is a known issue (Case #1), there is no problem to disallow it.

Other point from previous discussions:
I just wanted to add that in the Case #3, Valery and I had some offline
discussions about it, and we found out that actually the SK_p*_old are not
used to compute Session Resumption's AUTH payload. Instead, SK_d_old is
used to compute it. This means that we actually can avoid SK_p*  to be
included in the IKE_SA Context Parameters (with a Mandatory flag). If
anyone thinks SK_p* might be needed for some other exchange, please point
that out through the mailing-list.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,
Daniel Palomares