Hi David,

Thanks for detecting this glitch. I don't think this is worth an erratum, given that we are republishing the document.

Thanks,
        Yaron

On 05/19/2014 05:09 AM, Black, David wrote:
In looking for something else, I ran across a minor thinko in the
rfc5996bis draft that was inherited from RFC 5996.

Section 3.14, Encrypted Payload, 4th paragraph:

    When an authenticated encryption algorithm is used to protect the IKE
    SA, the construction of the Encrypted payload is different than what
    is described here.  See [AEAD] for more information on authenticated
    encryption algorithms and their use in ESP.

[AEAD] is a reference to RFC 5282, "Using Authenticated Encryption
Algorithms with the Encrypted Payload of the Internet Key Exchange
version 2 (IKEv2) Protocol."

Hence, a change is in order at the end of the paragraph:

        "ESP" -> "IKEv2"

In the unlikely event that the IESG finds nothing else to change in
the draft :-), an RFC Editor Note ought to suffice to handle this.

Should I also file an erratum against RFC 5996?

Thanks,
--David