On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Stephen Kent wrote:

because NULL auth alters a fundamental security aspect of IPsec, I think we
need to describe
in this document how this new capability interacts with the SPD and the PAD.
The doc should
reference 4301 an describe any changes to that RFC that are needed to security
accommodate
Null auth.

There are no changes to the SPD or the PAD. This document merely defines
a new way of authentication at the IKE level. It is not different from
other documenst that added an authentication method, such as RFC-7427
which also does not mention the SPD or the PAD. 7427 does have the
following text:

  IKEv2 peers have a series of policy databases (see Section 4.4 of
   [RFC4301]) that define which security algorithms and methods should
   be used during establishment of security associations.  To help end
   users select the desired security levels for communications protected
   by IPsec, implementers may wish to provide a mechanism in the IKE
   policy databases to limit the mixing of security levels or to
   restrict combinations of protocols.

Would using this text in the security considerations resolve your issue?
We could change "mixing of security levels" to "mixing authenticated and
un-authenticated security levels".

Paul