Hi Valery,

to make it easier for everyone, I suggest that you submit a new draft version.

Commenting on the pull request, specifically:

"If the puzzle is successfully verified and the SK_* key are calculated, but the message authenticity check fails, the responder SHOULD save the calculated keys in the IKE SA state while waiting for the retransmissions from the initiator. In this case the responder may skip verification of the puzzle solution and ignore the Puzzle Solution payload in the retransmitted messages."

It seems to me that if any authenticity check fails, the responder MUST NOT make any changes at all to its saved state. Anything else would complicate implementations and create hard to analyze vulnerabilities. The only gain here is saving a single PRF operation on the responder's side, and it is not worth it.

Thanks,
    Yaron