This is a great article, but I disagree with his point about IPsec. ESP detects malicious or benign data corruption on the wire, and I don't think it is the job of IPsec to detect errors that are actually introduced by bugs in the sender's network stack. So I think that exempting the receiver from verifying the checksum was a correct decision.

Thanks,
        Yaron