Hi

I’ve submitted this draft, mostly based on Simon’s TLS draft.

CFRG is considering new curves for key agreement. So far, they’ve selected
Curve25519 and they might add another one. This draft requests an identifier
for this curve and standardizes payload format for IKE.

Compared to NIST curves such as P-256, Curve25519 is faster and easier to
implement securely. It is now being used in SSH and TLS (experimentally). I
believe the security requirements of IKE and those other protocols are very
similar, so it makes sense to standardize this here as well.

My future plans for this draft:
 - Solicit feedback (that is this message)
 - Request adoption
 - Add examples
 - Request publication (only when CFRG is done, probably in parallel with TLS)

Yoav