Hi Valery,

The draft doesn't prevent http encapsulation for the purpose of traversing web
proxies for example, and this would be considered one "use-case" that would
make use of TCP encapsulation. The draft do provide such flexibility.

The objective of this proposal is to provide a standardized method to allow the
use of IPSec in environments which may not allow udp encapsulated IPSec
traffic, and to avoid different implementations to address specific use cases.
The client would select this method only as a last resort option, so
performance issues should be mitigated.

With this capability, the mobile device can enable wifi calling in a higher
number of locations. It also allow the introduction of the wifi calling service
without too much impact in some venues types.

Thanks
Samy.