Hi, Hema

USE_TRANSPORT_MODE is a notification, so it is outside the structures in the SA
payload.

As a consequence, the protocol does not allow you to propose AES-GCM in
transport mode or ChaCha20/Poly1305 in tunnel mode.

Note also that USE_TRANSPORT_MODE does not force transport mode. It only shows
support. The responder can then choose to include it (agreeing to use transport
mode) or not (forcing you back to tunnel).

And yes, notifications were not supposed to be used for negotiations.

HTH,

Yoav