I think this document is in very good shape, and almost ready.

The two areas where I think some more discussion may be needed are interoperability between IoT and "real" VPNs, and the migration to the RFC 7427 Digital Signature solution. See detailed comments below.

1.2: "an algorithm will be set to MAY", replace by "an algorithm will be denoted here as MAY".

1.2, last paragraph: I suggest to clarify what we mean by interop with IoT, so that we do not fragment IKE2 between the IoT and non-IoT worlds. Something like: "Requirement levels that are marked as "IoT" apply to IoT devices and to server-side implementations that might presumably need to interoperate with them, including any general-purpose VPN gateways." Maybe we should clarify it more by defining an IoT Context and adding separate lines to some of the tables for IoT vs. non-IoT Context.

3.3: AUTH_DES_MAC - the last sentence doesn't apply to it, so the paragraph needs to be rearranged.

4.1: have we considered making "Digital Signature" (#14) a SHOULD+ instead of a SHOULD?

4.2: aren't we trying to move the world to the generic "Digital Signature", even if they're still using old certs? If we are, then (gasp) PKCS1 v1.5 needs to be SHOULD. And the table should mention sha256WithRSAEncryption.

Thanks,
        Yaron