Hi Yaron,

Can we make all the compression algorithms SHOULD NOT instead of MAY? TLS got rid of compression altogether, there are numerous attacks on compressed traffic, and even the document states that these algorithms are not widely implemented.

What attacks do you mean? Those that I'm aware of (CRIME, BREACH)
are specific to HTTP and cannot be directly used with ESP (ESP has a mandatory padding and an optional TFC padding that make those attacks
impractical).

Are there any new or more applicable attacks that I've missed?

I see no reason to downgrade compression to SHOULD NOT unless
we have an indication that it is really dangerous in the context of ESP.

Regards,
Valery.

Thanks,
Yaron