Hi.

It seems that what you are looking for is a generic way to transport arbitrary
strings from server to client and back again.

While not specifically intended for that, both EAP-GTC and EAP-OTP (types 6 and
5 respectively) have been (ab)used for that purpose. Not sure if that has
happened in the context of IKEv2, though. GTC in a TTLS/PEAP/some other kind of
tunneling has been done before, although when running EAP in IKE I don’t think
you need yet another tunnel.  I guess it depends on the level of pre-existing
trust that exists between the client and the VPN gateway (as opposed to the EAP
authentication server).

Yoav