From: Yoav Nir
Sent: 19 ноября 2016 г. 7:21
To: Tero Kivinen
Cc: ipsec@ietf.org WG; Watson Ladd
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Take a stand for key hygine

> On 18 Nov 2016, at 5:38, Tero Kivinen <kivi...@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> Watson Ladd writes:
>> I might be confused, but the slides in
>> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/97/slides/slides-97-ipsecme-signature-forms-ambiguity-in-ikev2-00.pdf
>> seem to very clearly want something else. Apologies for my
>> insufficient context inclusion.
>
> Yes, with RSA I think it might be quite common for people to use same
> key for both RSA PKCS#1 v1.5 and RSA-PSS, and there is not really
> anything we can do for that.

If that is a problem, then it is more serious for TLS. TLS 1.2 has only PKCS#1.
TLS 1.3 has only PSS.  So a server that uses a single certificate with RSA for
both versions (probably most servers in 1-2 years) will be producing both kinds
of signatures from the same key.

If that’s a problem, it should be raised during WGLC of TLS 1.3 (which si now)