On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 05:21:51AM +0300, Tero Kivinen wrote:

> I seem to have missed this email somehow.
>
> Alissa Cooper writes:
>
> > (3)
> > I can't parse this sentence:
> >
> > "A growing number of use cases for constrained network - but not
> > limited to - have shown interest in reducing ESP (resp. IKEv2)
> > overhead by compressing ESP (resp IKEv2) fields."
>
> Unfortunately I have no problem parsing the sentence, so I do not know
> what should be done to fix it. For me it is clear. I.e., there are
> constrained networks, which want to reduce ESP overhead and because of
> that want to compress ESP fields. Same for IKEv2. And those needs are
> not only limited to constrained networks, also other use cases needs
> them.
>
> If you think the text is unclear I would need to have proposal for
> better text.

This text is unclear because "but not limited to" does not have anything
that it binds to.  From the follow-up, it sounds like what's meant is
"There are a growing number of use cases for reducing ESP (resp. IKEv2)
overhead, especially in constrained networks, but not limited to them.
Such recution in overhead can be achieved by compressing ESP (resp. IKEv2)
fields."  There are presumably less-intrusive changes possible, too, though
for some reason just "but not limited to them" does not flow very well to
me.

-Benjamin