Hi Barry,

> Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-10: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2/

> COMMENT:
>
> Yes, an interesting document, and thanks for that.  A few editorial
> comments:
>
> — Section 1 —
>
>    to be quantum resistant, that is, invulnerable to an attacker with a
>    quantum computer.
>
> “Invulnerable” isn’t the same as “not vulnerable”: it has a stronger
> connotation.  You should probably use “not vulnerable” or “resistant”
> instead.

OK, thanks.

>    By bringing post-
>    quantum security to IKEv2, this note removes the need to use
>
> Make it “this document”, please.

OK.

>    This document does not replace the
>    authentication checks that the protocol does; instead, it is done as
>    a parallel check.
>
> What’s the antecedent to “it”?  Should “it is” instead be “they are”?

I think it was meant that using PPK doesn't directly influence peer
authentication
in IKEv2, but I agree that the wording is not clear enough.
It's probably better to rephrase it:

    This document does not replace the
    authentication checks that the protocol does; instead, they are
    strengthened by using an additional secret key.

Is it better?

> — Section 3 —
>
>    when the initiator believes it has a mandatory to use PPK
>
> You need hyphens in “mandatory-to-use”.

OK.

THank you,
Valery.