Hi, Toerless.

I trimmed below most of your background info.

> On 24 Feb 2020, at 21:50, Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
>
> [hope its fine to cross-post ipsec and ipsecme given how one is concluded,
> but may have
> more long-time subscribers]

ipsec is this group’s mailing list. I don’t know that there even is an
ipse...@ietf.org <mailto:ipse...@ietf.org>

> We're looking for opinions about an IPsec profile for "Autonomic Control
> Plane"
> draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane, or specifically 6.7.1.1.1 of:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anima-wg/autonomic-control-plane/be056679b9c9cac8c2d664958a3b91585b010a83/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane.txt
>
> Quick background so you do not need to read anything more than 6.7.1.1.1:

I read a little more. Hope you don’t mind.

The profile seems fine to me. There is one thing that I think is missing.

The profile specifies that the ACP nodes should use tunnel mode (when GRE is
not used), because:
   IPsec tunnel mode is required because the ACP will route/forward
   packets received from any other ACP node across the ACP secure
   channels, and not only its own generated ACP packets.  With IPsec
   transport mode, it would only be possible to send packets originated
   by the ACP node itself.
OK. When IKEv2 is used to negotiate tunnel-mode SAs (and transport mode, but
that’s not important here) they need an IPsec policy that specifies traffic
selectors so that IKEv2 can specify traffic selectors.  Nowhere in your draft
do I see a specification of what traffic selectors need to be negotiated.

If I understand the above paragraph correctly, both the source of the packet
and the destination can be the IP address of any ACP node, neither of which are
required to be the tunnel endpoints.  This implies some sort of generic traffic
selector.  The draft should specify this, IMO