Hi Tero,

see below
On 10/13/2020 1:32 PM, Tero Kivinen wrote:
Lou Berger writes:
Valery,

How about this:

OLD
    Receive-side operation of IP-TFS does not require any per-SA
    configuration on the receiver; as such, an IP-TFS implementation
    SHOULD support the option of switching to IP-TFS receive-side
    operation on receipt of the first IP-TFS payload.

NEW
    Receive-side operation of IP-TFS does not require any per-SA
    configuration on the receiver; as such, for tunnels created
    without IKE, an IP-TFS implementation
    SHOULD support the option of switching to IP-TFS receive-side
    operation on receipt of the first IP-TFS payload for tunnels.

I can live with MAY, but would prefer SHOULD.

Does this work for you?
I have to admit that I have not read this draft, but noting, that most
of the cipher we use do require automated key management like IKE, I
just wonder are you really going to be limited to 3DES, or what
automated key management you are going to be using instead of IKE, and
how can you guarantee that it actually does its job correctly for
securing the key management over reboots etc.

I'm not advocating ike vs ike-less, just trying to have a comprehensive solution.  One example ikeless usecase is captured by the YANG model in last call: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-09

Lou