On Sat, 31 Oct 2020, Yoav Nir wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.  What is missing from the IANA registry is the
guidance as to the status of the algorithm, how highly it is recommended or
not.  This I-D tells people to go to RFC8247 and the IANA Registry for advice;
RFC8247 gives that advice; the IANA web page does not.

It’s possible to add a column in the IANA registry, but it is not possible to capture the information from 8247 in such a table.
RFC 8247 has “MAY” and “SHOULD+” labels, but it also has comments and a bunch
of explanation, such as that some algorithm is a SHOULD for IoT, but not
otherwise. I think it’s better to point people at the RFC where the information
is, rather than post very partial information in an IANA table.

We do have a draft that is suggesting we add some tables :P

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwouters-ikev1-ipsec-graveyard

Paul