Hi,
I am happy to see this draft progressing. I am wonder
why allow changes once both sides agreed to minimal rekey?

The draft currently allow changes to cryptographic suite and TS even when
MINIMAL_REKEY_SUPPORTED is negotiated. While this is a more inclusive and
flexible approach, I feel it increase chance of interruption when the responder
send NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN response and initiator does not support changing
parameters. Also if the initiator send a rekey with changes and the responder
only support MINIMAL_REKEY_SUPPORTED rekey will not be smooth. Such issues are
hard to debug because, it only show up when rekeying not when establishing IKE
or Child SA.

I prefer decide at the beginning to allow changes during rekey or not.

My proposal is once both sides negotiated MINIMAL_REKEY_SUPPORTED no changes
should be allowed during a rekey, in case of both the IKE SA and the Child SA.
Rekey should be a simple refreshing the keying materials and nothing else.

If you make this change, you can remove the notifiers *UNCHANGED and
also remove section.
'3.2.2.  Rekeying IKE SAs When Responder's Cryptographic Suites Changed'

regards,
-antony