Hi Erik,

thank for your comments. Please see inline.

> Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-07: No Objection
>
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
>

> Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-
> ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis/

> COMMENT:
>
> # Internet AD comments for {draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc8229bis-07}
> CC @ekline
>
> ## Comments
>
> ### S1.1
>
> * In "Cellular Network Access", is there a particular TS number to reference
>   for this claim about preferring TLS for IWLAN setup?

Hm, I believe this is
https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/133400_133499/133402/12.05.00_60/ts_133402v120500p.pdf
(In particular B.2 is about using TCP/TLS encapsulation).

> ### S2
>
> * "Implementations MUST support TCP encapsulation on TCP port 4500":
>
>   which implementations, exactly?  Only TCP-supporting implementations, or
>   all IKE/IPsec implementations?

Only TCP-supporting. We can change the text:

Compliant implementations MUST support TCP encapsulation on TCP port 4500...

> ### S6.1,6.3+,7.1,7.3,B.1,B.3,B.4
>
> * Can the "IKETCP" be sent in a 7413 Fast Open (say, when reconnecting)?
>
>   Can other IKE initiating messages be included with the SYN?
>
>   Alternatively: are there concerns with use of Fast Open such that it should
>   be forbidden?  I don't see any mention of Fast Open anywhere in this doc,
>   and I kinda think /something/ should maybe be said, but IANATP... (I am not
>   a transport person)

I immediately see no reason why it should be forbidden, so I think for this
reason there is no mention :-)

> ### App. A
>
> * Is there an ALPN that is typically used with TLS?

I'm not aware of any typical ALPN for this case.
I think the IKETCP prefix serves this purpose here.

> ## Nits
>
> ### S3.1
>
> * "MUST close TCP connection" -> "MUST close the TCP connection"
>
> ### S6.4
>
> * "after receiving error notification" ->
>   "after receiving an error notification"?
>
> ### S6.7
>
> * "stack manages DF bit" -> "stack manages the DF bit"
>
> ### S9.1
>
> * "between all flows" -> "among all flows", perhaps
>
> ### S10
>
> * "Note, that attacker capable to modify" ->
>   "Note that an attacker able to modify"

All fixed in editor's copy. Thank you!

> ### Acknowledgements
>
> * It seems a bit weird for an Author to Acknowledge himself (Tommy Pauly),
>   but oh well  ;-)
>
>   :-)

That is that :-)

Regards,