I support the draft to be moved forward.

some nits:

"""
2.  Performance bottlenecks

   There are a number of practical reasons why most Implementations have ...
"""
"""
As per RFC 7296
"""

Should we move section 8 into the appendix instead of removing the section ?

I am also interested in the performance benchmark if it is available.

Yours,
Daniel

Daniel Migault
Ericsson