Mahesh Jethanandani has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ipsecme-multi-sa-performance-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-multi-sa-performance/

COMMENT:

My comments are split between COMMENTs and NITs.

COMMENT

>From an operational perspective, the shepherd write-up brought up the question
of how this draft would be operationalized. In other words, is there an augment
of the existing YANG model planned that would update the model to add the
ability to configure multiple SAs? If not, how does a user specify their
interest in enabling this feature?

No reference entries found for these items, which were mentioned in the text:
[TBD2] and [TBD1].

NIT

All comments below are about very minor potential issues that you may choose to
address in some way - or ignore - as you see fit. Some were flagged by
automated tools (via https://github.com/larseggert/ietf-reviewtool), so there
will likely be some false positives. There is no need to let me know what you
did with these suggestions.

Reference [RFC6982] to RFC6982, which was obsoleted by RFC7942 (this may be on
purpose).

Section 1.2, paragraph 1
> n initial IKEv2 exchange is used to setup an IKE SA and the initial Child SA.
>                                     ^^^^^
The verb "set up" is spelled as two words. The noun "setup" is spelled as one.

Section 2, paragraph 1
> he Exchange negotiating the Child SA (eg IKE_AUTH or CREATE_CHILD_SA). If thi
>                                       ^^
The abbreviation "e.g." (= for example) requires two periods.

Section 4, paragraph 2
> hild SAs. If per-CPU packet trigger (eg SADB_ACQUIRE) messages are implemente
>                                      ^^
The abbreviation "e.g." (= for example) requires two periods.

Section 4, paragraph 3
> ed on the trigger TSi entry, an implementations can select the most optimal t
>                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The plural noun "implementations" cannot be used with the article "an". Did you
mean "an implementation" or "implementations"?

Section 5.1, paragraph 5
>  identifier in their packet trigger (eg SADB_ACQUIRE) message from the SPD t
>                                      ^^
The abbreviation "e.g." (= for example) requires two periods.

Section 6, paragraph 1
> lthough having a very large number (eg hundreds or thousands) of SAs may slo
>                                     ^^
The abbreviation "e.g." (= for example) requires two periods.

Section 6, paragraph 2
> he inbound SA and outbound SA independently from each other. It is likely tha
The usual collocation for "independently" is "of", not "from". Did you mean
"independently of"?

Section 6, paragraph 4
> elonging to a specific resource. The notify data SHOULD NOT be an identifier
The verb "notify" does not usually follow articles like "The". Check that
"notify" is spelled correctly; using "notify" as a noun may be non-standard.

Section 8, paragraph 4