Brian,

> Brian Haberman wrote:
> [separating the Identifier and Locator aspects of IP addresses.]
> even though we would to request that discussion not continue on
> the ipv6 mailing list, the chairs do not want to put a stop to
> anyone who wishes to continue the investigation.

IMHO this is a purely academic exercise. Very interesting, but unlikely
to produce concrete results, as the opinions and arguments WRT the issue
are heavily tied to the proposed solution. For example, I am completely
with Pekka Nikander when recommending id/loc separation as applied to
HIP (I would do the same); however, in the case of MHAP we are currently
discussing the opposite side which is that the identifier could be one
of the locators. This is not all black or white.

> Therefore, we suggest that interested parties create a
> separate mailing list to discuss the topic of identifier
> and locator separation.

I have moved this thread to the MHAP list; although I do not expect
changes to MHAP WRT the issue it is on-topic there.

Michel.