Bob,

> Bob Hinden wrote:
> I figured it would be hypocritical for me to run NAT at home
> and work on IPv6 in the IETF

I don't think so. I am not ashamed of running IPv4 NAT at home and
working on IPv6; it's a matter of money.

> so I was willing to pay a bit more money.

If not indiscrete, how many IPv4 addresses and how much $$$ are we
talking about? Given the number of hosts I have on my home setup (I need
a /27) the only realistic option I have to run NAT-free is to bring in a
T1 (as no reliable residential broadband provider is willing to give me
a /27), which still is $500/mo (local loop + transit) instead of the
$49/mo I am paying for my aDSL. I'm sorry, but this is a car payment for
a Mercedes-Benz, and unless someone on the list is willing to fork out
$450/mo I will stick with NAT.

The number of addresses will not be an issue with IPv6, but this not why
people would use IPv6 NAT if given a working box.

Michel.