On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:36:58 +0100 (CET)
Erik Nordmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to restate what you are saying differently so that others might understand
> it. Today with have a MTU specified in the IPv6 over foo documents.
> We have an MTU option in router advertisements that can be used to
> lower that number - which is useful(?) for the last century problem of
> bridging Ethernet and FDDI together with half-broken fragmenting
> bridges - can get the FDDI attached nodes to use 1500.

A minor note, being able to shrink the MTU on a link via a RA is would be very useful
for avoiding packet fragmentation / PMTUD if the majority of traffic originating on
that link is going to be encapsulated in a tunnel when going off-link eg VPN using
ipsec, gre, etc.

Regards,
Mark.