Suresh Krishnan wrote:
Hi Alain,
Since the hop limit is analogous to TTL in IPv4 the answer should be no. But you will not find the answer in RFC 2460 as this was not covered in RFC 791. This should be covered in the node requirements draft (draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-06.txt) that John is editing. I checked the draft but it did not have a section regarding this(analogous to RFC 1122 section 3.2.1.7). Maybe this can be added to that draft. I am curious as to why you would want to do that though.

I think we have agreed now that the node requirements document is not a place to list all updates and deficiencies of existing RFCs -- those existing RFCs should be updated instead.

--Jari