I agree with Juergen's suggestion as well.  The scoped addr arch
should mandate the use of 0 as the default zone ID.

Brian

Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:37:47PM +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / [EMAIL PROTECTED]@C#:H wrote:

  I am not sure why this is helpful. Is there a particular reason why
  we can not just say that the default zone is indicated by a zone
  index which MUST (or SHOULD if we have to compromise) be zero?

Hmm, from a quick re-read of the draft, I don't see a particular reason for not using a stronger word. Perhaps the intention was the choice is purely local to the node. Even so, if using a specific requirement helps the MIB work, I think it is reasonable to use a strong word. So, could you tell me the MIB document that can be clearer if we use MUST or SHOULD to specify the default zone ID?

The document in question is <draft-ietf-ops-rfc3291bis-01.txt> and
it says in several places that 0 refers to the default zone. It would
be nice if the scoping architecture could actually back this up by at
least saying the default zone SHOULD be identified by the zone index 0.

/js